- Other Names
- Control cells
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
The reconstituted lyophilized human leukocytes can be used for immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. The cells can be used as controls for stability studies to avoid donor variability. These cells have been verified to work with commonly tested cell surface markers such as CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19, CD20, CD56/16, CD14, CD25, CD69, HLA-DR, Granzyme B, Perforin, Foxp3, and Helios.
View all 100+ markers verified by LEGENDScreen™.
This product contains human cells, a potentially biohazardous material. Blood used in preparation of these samples was tested and found to be negative, using FDA approved methods, for antibody and nucleic acid testing against Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B and C virus and HTLV (Human T-Lymphotrophic virus I and II), surface antigen for Hepatitis B (HBsAg) virus and syphilis and West Nile Virus. Biological tests are not 100% accurate. Use standard precautions when handling and treat as if the product is capable of transmitting disease. When handling or disposing, follow precautions described in CDC and FDA recommendations and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|426001||25 tests (1 vial)||$150.00|
|426002||100 tests (4 vials)||$500.00|
- Kit Contents
For Cat# 426001
1 vial of lyophilized Veri-Cells™Leukocytes (4-6 x 106 cells)
1 vial containing 1.5 ml of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A
For Cat# 426002
4 vials of lyophilized Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes (4-6 x 106 cells per vial)
4 vials containing 1.5 ml of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
- Each vial of Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes contains 4-6 x 106 lyophilized human leukocytes.
- The Veri-Cells™ Leukocyte Kit is prepared from lyophilized human leukocytes and a vial of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A.
- Storage & Handling
- Store the kit at 2°C - 8°C upon receipt. Do not open sealed pouch until ready to use. Once reconstituted, the cells may be used for up to five days if properly stored at 2°C - 8°C in the buffer provided. The kit is guaranteed for six months after receipt.
FC - Quality tested
ICFC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
50 µl per test (after reconstitution with 1.3 ml)
Note: Veri-Cells™ Buffer A may show precipitation over time, however this is normal and does not affect performance of the buffer.
- Application Notes
The Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes Kit can be used as a positive control for surface and intracellular immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. It can also be used for the detection of intracellular molecules such as Granzyme B, Perforin, Foxp3 and Helios using BioLegend’s Fixation Buffer (Cat. No. 420801) and Intracellular Staining Permeabilization Wash Buffer (10X) (Cat. No. 421002) or the True Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401). For best results, Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201) is recommended for any washing steps. Please note, any claims relative to product performance are based on testing with BioLegend reagents and protocols. Deviations from the use of these reagents and procedures have not been assessed and may affect performance.
Protocol for using Veri-Cells™ Leukocytes:
- Remove a vial of Veri-Cell™ Leukocytes from the refrigerator and warm to room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Add 1.3ml of the Veri-Cell™ Buffer A to the cell pellet, replace the rubber stopper and mix by inversion for 5 seconds. Allow at least 5 minutes for the cells to rehydrate prior to staining.
- Aliquot the required amount of cells into test tubes. Stain with antibodies using our recommended surface or intracellular staining protocols. Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201) is recommended for washing and analysis steps. The cells are ready for acquisition.
- Gene ID
- View information about Veri-Cellstrade Leukocytes on UniProt.org
- Are these cells viable?
- No they are not.
- Are these cells virus/pathogen free?
- These are tested to be free of HIV, HBV, syphilis, and HCV.
- Can a constant percentage of each population be expected in each lot?
- Yes, within each lot, cell populations remain constant.
- Can they be used to detect intracellular cytokines such as TNF-α or IFNγ?
- Veri-Cells™ PBMC and Veri-Cells™ CD4-Low PBMC will not have detectable TNF-α or IFNγ. Please inquire about a custom made Veri-Cells product at email@example.com.
- Which markers can be stained?
- 160+ known markers have been verified - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete list.