- 10E2/HDAC1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 1, reduced potassium dependency, yeast homolog-like 1
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
HDAC1 is a member of class I histone deacetylase (HDACs) family, which modulates the chromatin structure by removing acetyl groups (deacetylation) from the side chain of lysine residues on the N-terminal region of core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Generally, histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle programming and developmental process.
HDAC1 is a 65kD nuclear protein, operating in concert with histone acetyltransferases to control core histone acetylation in highly conserved lysine residues. HDAC activity has been associated with transcriptional repression and nucleosomal condensation. HDAC1 deacetylates RELA at residue K310, which results in the inhibition of NF-κB activity. HDAC1-deficient mice were shown to be embryonic lethal, suggesting that HDAC1 plays a crucial role during embryonic development. HDAC1 also interacts with retinoblastoma tumor-suppressor protein and this complex is a key element in the control of cell proliferation and differentiation. Together with metastasis-associated protein-2 MTA2, it deacetylates p53 and modulates its effect on cell growth and apoptosis.
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the human HDAC1 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:100-1:350 by volume. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested dilution is 1:50 - 1:100. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:1000-1:4000. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
25 µg and 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 5-16 or 20-67 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilutions.
AB_2650673 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815103)
AB_2650659 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815104)
Widely expressed in many cell types; nucleus.
- Transcriptional regulation, cell cycle programming, developmental process.
- Androgen receptor, BCL6, BTG2, BUB1B, BUB1, BUB3, CBFA2T3, CDC20, CDH1, CHD3, CHD4, COUP-TFII, CTBP1, DDX17, DDX5, DNMT3A, DNMT3L, Death-associated protein 6, EED, EVI1, EZH2, FKBP3, GATA1, HMG20B, HSPA4, HUS1, Histone deacetylase 2, Homeobox protein TGIF
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Chen HM, et al. 2015. Epigenetics and Dermatology. 409:441.
2. Bhaskara S. 2015. Cell Cycle 14:1779.
- Gene ID
- 3065 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.