- Poly18231 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Gamma-secretase subunit APH-1A, aph-1alpha, presenilin-stabilization factor, CGI-78, anterior pharynx defective 1 homolog A, presenilin-stabilization factor
Covance Catalog# PRB-550P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The gamma secretase is a multiprotein complex consisting of presenilin, nicastrin, Aph-1 and Pen-2; all four proteins are necessary for full proteolytic activity. The gamma secretase complex catalyzes cleavage of a number of integral membrane proteins including Amyloid precursor protein, Notch, Erb4 and E-cadherin. While Aph-1 stabilizes the presenilin holoprotein within the gamma secretase complex, Pen-2 is required for endoproteolysis of presenilin and activation of the gamma secretase. The Aph-1 homologue on human chromosome 1 is termed Aph-1a and on human chromosome 15 is referred to as Aph-1b.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The antibody Aph-1a, 245-265 (Poly18231) was raised against the human Aph-1aL/C-terminal region and recognizes the sequence CRRQEDSRVMVYSALRIPPED of human Aph-1aL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
*Expected MW: 29 kD
WB Positive Control: Human Brain lysate
BioLegend also offers Poly18232 (823201) which recognizes residues 92-115 of the Aph-1aL/ S Loop.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Application References
- Gu Y, Chen F, Sanjo N, Kawarai T, Hasegawa H, Duthie M, Li W, Ruan X, Luthra A, Mount HT, Tandon A, Fraser PE, St George-Hyslop P. Aph-1 interacts with mature and immature forms of presenilins and nicastrin and may play a role in maturation of the presenilin.nicastrin complexes. J Biol Chem 278:7374-7380, 2003.
- Product Citations
AB_2564862 (BioLegend Cat. No. 823101)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 51107 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Aph-1a, 245-265 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.