- 10C2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Nestin is a class VI intermediate filament protein originally found in neuronal stem cells, and is required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells. In mixtures, Nestin forms heterodimers with vimentin or internexin, participating in the remodeling of the cell. Nestin was found to be expressed on vascular endothelial progenitor cells and various neoplasms. It is proposed to be a novel angiogenesis marker and cancer therapeutic target.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Staining Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
- Application References
- Jozef S, et al. 2012. Biomed. Pap. Med. Fac. 156:135. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2566381 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656805)
AB_2566382 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656806)
- 1621 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 200-220 kD
- Required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells; plays roles in angiogenesis and tumor formation
- Vimentin, alpha-internexin and FHOD3
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Matsuda Y, et al. 2013. World J. Gastroenterol. 19:42.
2. Matsuda Y, et al. 2012. Med. Mol. Morphol. 45:59.
3. Krupkova O Jr, et al. 2010. Neoplasma. 57:291.
4. Hombach-Klonisch S, et al. 2008. Arch. Immunol. Ther. Exp. (Warsz). 56:165.
5. Pilkington GJ, et al. 2005. Cell Prolif. 38:423.
- Gene ID
- 10763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.