- Other Names
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
Helix NP™ Green is a green fluorescent, nucleic acid stain. It is impermeant to live cells and thus can be used for discrimination of live and dead cells. It is optimally excited at 495 nm with an emission at 519 nm, which can be detected in the Alexa Fluor® 488 or FITC channel.Product Details
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
- Helix NP™ Green is supplied at 250 µl per vial.
- 5.0 mM
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store at -20°C.
FC - Quality tested
IF, IHC-F - Validated
- Recommended Usage
For flow cytometric staining, the recommended use of this reagent is 1-5 µM. For immunofluorescence microscopy and immunohistochemisty on frozen tissue sections, the recommended dilution is 1:500-1:10,000.
- Application Notes
Helix NP™ Green is a cell-impermeant nucleic acid probe suitable for use as a viability dye. It is also useful for assessing DNA content and cell cycle following cell fixation and permeabilization. It is a green fluorescent dye with an excitation/emission max of 495 nm/519 nm that can be detected in the FITC/ Alexa Fluor® 488 channels. For use in viability assays, the optimal concentration can range from 1 µM - 5 µM. For use in cell cycle, the optimal concentration can range from 2.5 µM - 10 µM.
Protocol for viability staining using Helix NP™ Green:
1. Isolate cells following protocol of choice.
2. Dilute Helix NP™ Green to required concentration. We recommend titrating the reagent to determine optimal concentration for cells of interest. We have observed good results in flow cytometry at 1-5 µM.
3. Following the addition of Helix NP™ Green to cells, do not wash, cells are ready for acquisition.
4. Analyze cells on a cytometer equipped with the 488nm blue laser.
- Gene ID