- HAE-1f (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- E-selectin, ELAM-1, LECAM-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD62E (also known as E-selectin, ELAM-1, and LECAM-1) is a 115 kD type I membrane protein and a member of the selectin family. CD62E is highly expressed on activated endothelial cells (IL-2, TNF-α, other cytokines can increase expression) and can also be expressed on endothelial cells in the skin, bone marrow and placenta. CD62E is involved in tethering and leucocyte rolling on activated endothelium at inflammatory sites and may also play a role in tumor metastasis and angiogenesis. CD62E binds to both Siayl Lewis X (CD15s) and PSGL-1 (CD162).The HAE-1f antibody has been shown to recognize human CD62E and to be useful for flow cytometry and in vitro blocking.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications: blocks CD62E binding to its ligand
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tu L, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 157:3995
- Zhang Y and S. Neelamegham. 2002. Biophys. J. 83:1934
- Product Citations
AB_2254490 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336011)
AB_2186829 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336012)
- Member of the selectin family, 115 kD type I membrane protein; contains one C-type lectin domain and one EGF-like domain
Highly expressed on activated endothelial cells (IL-2, TNF-α), other cytokines can increase expression); can also be expressed on endothelial cells in the skin, bone marrow and placenta.
- Involved in tethering and leucocyte rolling on activated endothelium at inflammatory sites, may also play a role in tumor metastasis and angiogenesis
- Siayl Lewis X (CD15s) and PSGL-1 (CD162) bind to CD62E. Recently, CLA (cutaneous lymphocyte antigen) has also been reported in interact with CD62E
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Collins T, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:2466
2. Bevilacqua MP, et al. 1987. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84:9238
3. Berg EL, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:1461.
4. Lawrence MB, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:6338.
5. Walz G, et al. 1990. Science 250:1132
- Gene ID
- 6401 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62E on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.