- 100 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- B-Cell CLL/Lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2), Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 50
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Bcl-2 is a conserved anti-apoptotic protein that plays important roles in normal immunity. It forms homodimers or heterodimers with other Bcl-2 family members. This protein regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission. Phosphorylation of Bcl-2 has been shown to enhance activity to allow response to extracellular growth-factor-mediated signals. Bcl-2 is also regulated by IRES, miR-15a, miR-16-1 and RNA-BP nucleolin. Chromosome 18q21.3 translocation and overexpression of Bcl-2 is frequently observed in follicular lymphomas and some diffuse large B-cell lymphomas.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide of amino acids 41-54 of human bcl-2 oncoprotein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pezzella F, et al. 1993. New Eng. J. Med. 329:690. (IHC)
- Pezzella F, et al. 1990. Am. J. Pathol. 137:225. (IHC)
AB_2563283 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658709)
- Two isoforms, 239 or 205 amino acids in length, with a predicted molecular weight of 26 kD or 22 kD and four 'BH' domains.
Outer mitochondrial membrane, nuclear membrane, endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission.
- BAX, BAD, BAK, Bcl-X(L),EI24,APAF1, BBC3, BCL2L1, BNIPL, MRPL41, TP53BP2, FKBP8 BAG1, RAF1, EGLN3, G0S2, and BOP.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Immunology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
1. Lin P, et al. 2013. Curr. Hematol. Malig. Rep. 8:243.
2. Tomita N. 2011. J. Clin. Exp. Hematop. 51:7.
3. Kelly PN, et al. 2011. Cell Death Differ. 18:1414.
4. Willimott S, et al. 2010. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 38:1571.
5. Rolland SG, et al. 2010. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 22:852.
- Gene ID
- 596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Bcl-2 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.