- MRα4-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Integrin α4 chain, α4 integrin, VLA-4 α chain, ITGA4
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD49d is a 150 kD glycoprotein, also known as integrin α4 or VLA-4 α chain. It is expressed as a heterodimer with either of two β chains, β1 or β7. The α4β1 integrin (also known as VLA-4, CD49d/CD29) is expressed on peripheral T and B lymphocytes, thymocytes, and monocytes, while the α4β7 integrin (also known as LPAM-1) is expressed on peripheral lymphocytes. The α4β1 and α4β7 integrins mediate cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions by interacting with the ligands CD106 (VCAM-1), MAdCAM-1, and fibronectin. Soluble MRα4-1 antibody can partially inhibit in vitro binding of VCAM-1 and mast cells to fibronectin and inhibit mast cell degranulation. Immobilized MRα4-1 antibody can enhance mast cell degranulation in vitro.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- RBL-2H3 rat basophilic leukemia cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunoprecipitation1, in vitro activation, in vitro inhibition1 of binding of VCAM-1 and mast cells to fibronectin , and in vivo inhibition of VLA-4 functions1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 200106).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yasuda M, et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:251. (IP, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2265193 (BioLegend Cat. No. 200103)
- Integrin α chain, 150 kD
α4/β1- peripheral T cells and B cell lymphocytes, thymocytes, and monocytes; α4/β7- peripheral lymphocytes
- CD106 (VCAM-1), MAdCAM-1, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Yasuda, M., et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:251.
2. Springer, T.A. 1994. Cell 76:301.
3. Issekutz, T. B., et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:4178.
4. Issekutz, T. B., et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:109.
5. Yang, H., et al. 1995. Transplantation 60:71.
6. Palecanda, A., et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:2904.
- Gene ID
- 311144 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49d on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.