- RI7217 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transferrin receptor, T9
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD71 is a 95 kD type II heterodimeric transmembrane glycoprotein that is also known as T9 and transferrin receptor. CD71 is expressed on proliferating cells, reticulocytes, and erythroid precursors. Its expression is very low on resting leukocytes. CD71 plays a role in the control of cellular proliferation by facilitating the uptake of iron via ferrotransferrin binding and the recycling of apotransferrin to the cell surface.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of cellular proliferation. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 113810).
This clone may also be known as R17217 or R17 217.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_313568 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113807)
AB_313569 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113808)
- Transferrin receptor and is 95 kD.
Most dividing cells, the brain endothelium, and cycling hematopoietic progenitors.
- Mediates iron uptake.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hentze MW, et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:8175.
2. Trowbridge IS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Cell Biol. 9:129.
3. Trowbridge I, et al. 1982. J. Cell Physiol. 112:403.
4. Kuhn LC, et al. 1984. Cell 37:95.
- Gene ID
- 22042 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD71 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.