- A18140A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- (E3-independent) E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, E2/E3 hybrid ubiquitin-protein ligase UBE2O, Ubiquitin carrier protein O, Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 O, Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 of 230 kD, Ubiquitin-protein ligase O
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 O (UBE2O) is an E2/E3 hybrid enzyme that displays both E2 and E3 ligases activities and mediates ubiquitination of many target proteins involved in a wide range of processes, including the 5’-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit a2 (AMPKa2), tumor suppressor ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase BAP1, mixed-lineage leukemia (MLL) protein, SMAD family member 6 (SMAD6), transcription factor c-Maf, and free ribosomal proteins. Abnormal expression and mutations in UBE2O are observed in tumorigenesis and are associated with poor prognosis of gastric, lung, breast, and prostate cancers.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human UBE2O protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 5.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2820188 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870201)
AB_2820189 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870202)
- Human UBE2O is a 1,292 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 141 kD and observed molecular mass of ~200 kD
Tissue distribution: Brain, skeletal muscle, heart
Cellular distribution: Nucleus, cytosol
- UBE2O is an E2/E3 hybrid ubiquitin-protein ligase that is crucial for protein ubiquitination and degradation.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Microglia, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Ullah K, et al. 2019. FEBS J. 286(11):2018-2034.
- Chen S, et al. 2018. J Biol Chem. 293(29):11296-11309.
- Mashtalir N, et al. 2014. Mol Cell. 54(3):392-406.
- Gene ID
- 63893 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about UBE2O on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.