- Poly5230 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC), Small-inducible cytokine 17 (SCYA17), ABCD-2
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CCL17 was initially isolated from phytohemagglutinin-stimulated PBMCs. CCL17 is constitutively expressed in the thymus and, under activation, in several cell types. CCL17-mediated recruitment of Th2 cells and CLA+ CD4+ T cells plays a key role in allergic diseases like atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, allergic rhinitis, and allergic contact dermatitis. In addition, CCL17 has been detected in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Also, CCL17 and CCL22 secreted by dendritic cells seem to mediate the recruitment of regulatory T cells to sites of inflammation in patients with chronic hepatitis. CCL17 is upregulated by several combinations of cytokines: TNF-α, IL-4, and IFN-γ in bronchial epithelial cells; TGF-β1, TNF-α, and IFN-γ in human keratinocyte cell lines; and histamine and prostaglandin E2P in immature dendritic cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CCL17
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-0.5 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of CCL17 (TARC) recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated Poly5230 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified Poly5230 antibody (Cat. No. 523002) as the capture antibody and recombinant human CCL17 (TARC) (Cat. No. 573809) as the standard.
Note: For testing human CCL17 (TARC) in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 441107 & 441108) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2562795 (BioLegend Cat. No. 523003)
- Upon activation, CCL17 is expressed by PBMC, monocytes, dendritic cells, bronchial epithelial cells, smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, and fibroblasts.
- CCL17 chemoattracts T cells, Th2 cells, and CLA+ CD4+ T cells and plays major role in allergic diseases. CCL17 can be upregulated by IL-4 in T cells and by a combination of cytokines in different cells.
- T cells, Th2 cells, CLA+ CD4 T cells, T (reg) cells, NK cells, NKT cells, and macrophages.
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Imai T, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:15036.
2. McIlroy A, et al. 2006. Immunology 117:507.
3. Yogo Y, et al. 2009. Respir. Res. 10:80.
4. Stutte S, et al. 2010. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:8736.
5. Oo YH, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:2886.
- Gene ID
- 6361 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL17 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.